Thursday, July 8, 2010

East Coast heatwave, and my Groundhog pet.

Well after days of a just awful heatwave here on the east coast the National Weather Service is saying some small relief is expected. I will take any! This is driving me crazy, stuck inside. And we need rain! I need to go out in the rain and gather worms for my new compost bin! I have so much yard and outside house work that needs doing! A few plants need put in the ground, and there's weeding/mulching also. Well there's pretty much never an end to working with the plants (and I don't even have all that many of them). Have some old paint need to finish scrapping off the garage as new paint prep work needs finished. Going to visit a absolutely wonderful sounding nursery and probably (almost without doubt) end up buying more plants that'll then also need going in the ground! Wish I would have heard of this place a few years ago, but never did till the recent write-up about it's going out of business sale in the Harrisburg newspaper....

Haven't seen my Groundhog, I'm starting to worry about the little monster.... I don't want it eating my plants but it's certainly welcome to eat the clover (and weeds, yes please!)! I did decide to try a different approach and give the critter something else to eat (other then my plants!), I left a apple out for it. Something ate it! Didn't see what... Half of it was carried off. I don't think any of my other yard critters are big enough to have carried half a apple away so I'm thinking it was the Groundhog. Maybe this will be my gardening salvation I'll bribe the little mafia critter off!

No comments:

Post a Comment